Tuesday 25 November 2014

Roland MC 303

This is the very first Groovebox produced in 1996.
It's very much part of dance music history. Used by BT


 It's name of course harks back to thr TB 303, but I think it looks more like a Roland MC 202 which is
of course related to a SH101. It's very solid. More so than the 202 & 303 whose cases were plastic.
The top section of the MC 303 is metal.


 It's a sequencer, synth (28 voice) & drum machine.You can coax 303, 808, 909, Jupiter, and Juno sounds from it.
There are 448 preset sounds and 12 drum kits (including the Roland CR-78, TR-808, TR-606 & TR-909)



The real-time Filter Cutoff, resonance, panning and arpeggiator.dials encourage live tweaking and improvisation.



MIDI in and out connections (but no MIDI thru). There is no sampler or DinSync.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more info on the history of Roland Drum Machines click here

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. mc patch makers

    ReplyDelete